The 10 Most Romantic Spots To Propose In Pittsburgh
Popping the question is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. With only a few words, you ask another individual to commit themselves to you for the rest of their life—while you yourself promise to do the same.
Such a romantic moment should take place in a romantic location, and Pittsburgh has plenty of spots to choose from.
Where to Propose in Pittsburgh
As you prepare to pop the question, consider using one of these locations as your backdrop:
1. Mount Washington
Mount Washington offers numerous romantic spots to pop the question. That includes:
- The overlooks. The overlooks on the Mount are consistently ranked among the best urban vistas in the country, so you can’t go wrong on a sunny day or a clear night.
- The inclines. Both the Duquesne Incline (on the northwest end of town) and the Monongahela Incline (the southeast end of town) offer stunning views of the city.
- Incredible dining. Grandview Avenue is dotted with excellent restaurants that offer stunning views of Downtown while you eat, making them great locations to propose in Pittsburgh.
2. The Point at Point State Park
Known for its view of all three rivers, the fantastic fountain, and expansive lawn, Point State Park offers plenty of beautiful backgrounds for your proposal.
3. Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
The Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens offer a spectacularly romantic setting all year long. Check the schedule ahead of time to see if there are any events during which you’d like to propose — or avoid.
Ohiopyle is 70 miles away from Downtown, but it’s worth the drive if you love nature. With miles of nature trails, a quaint town, and stunning waterfalls and rapids, Ohiopyle is one of the best rural spots you can choose in our region.
5. Moraine State Park
A little closer than Ohiopyle, Moraine State Park is about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh on Route 79. Once there, you’ll have an endless supply of picturesque waterfalls, covered bridges, and even an old mill to serve as the backdrop to your proposal.
6. The Cathedral of Learning
With its beautiful Gothic architecture, the Cathedral of Learning is one of the most stunning locations on the University of Pittsburgh’s campus—and in Pittsburgh in general.
7. The Carnegie Museum of Natural History/The Carnegie Museum of Art
These two museums offer multiple locations that are great for your proposal:
- The Grand Staircase
- The Carnegie Music Hall Foyer
- The Hall of Architecture
- The Hall of Sculpture
8. The National Aviary
Like Phipps Conservatory, the National Aviary offers an up-close experience with gorgeous flowers, but it comes with a bonus: exotic birds, including the popular penguin exhibit.
9. North Park
For those that don’t want to make the trek to Moraine State Park or Ohiopyle, North Park is a close substitute. Consider visiting the ornate stone boathouse or gliding over the lake in a kayak to pop the question.
10. A Romantic Restaurant
Pittsburgh is an excellent town for foodies. Mount Washington, Lawrenceville, the Cultural District, and East Liberty all offer incredible dining options for a romantic date with your beloved. Order a delicious entree, an extra glass of wine, then drop to one knee for the big question.
Once your darling becomes your fiancé, you’ll need to settle on a location for your big day. For help, check out our list of Pittsburgh’s best venues for wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions.