Private Violin Lessons
Violin instruction in Fiddling, Jazz, and Rock styles as well as Electronic instruments, effects, and sound systems. Emphasis on improvisation, embellishing, memorizing, and arranging for performance.
Students must have at least 2 years of playing experience. Adults welcome.
Demonstration-style – focuses on the background and “how to’s” of the Violin, the many styles of music, and the electronic equipment.
Instruction and interaction with music students playing their instruments. Focus on Fiddling, Jazz, and Rock styles while implementing electronic instruments and technology.
Watch a video of one of my recent school workshops.
“Building A Community-wide Alternative Styles Strings Program” – based on founding the Extreme Strings Orchestra.
“Playing Off The Page” – a look at this unique approach to musicianship which emphasizes the 5 elements of improvising, embellishing, memorizing, arranging, and composing.
Steven has taught and conducted workshops at or attended:
- Strings Without Boundaries/Pittsburgh Jazz and Fiddling Camp at
- Duquesne University
- ASTA (American String Teachers Association conventions in Albuquerque and Atlanta
- Eastern Strings Institute at Villanova University
- OMEA (Ohio Music Educators Association) in Columbus
- PMEA (PA Music Educators Association)
- Pine Richland Schools Summer Music Camps for 3 years
- Strings North (two times)
- Norwin, Hampton, Deer Lakes, Northgate, West Mifflin, and Blackhawk
- Schools Districts
- Christian Howes Creative Strings Camp
In addition, Steven has earned multiple certifications. For example, Steven is a:
- Certified String Educator for Yamaha Corporation of America
- Certified Teacher of the Mark O’Connor American Music Strings Teaching Method
Start Your Violin Lessons with Steven Vance
To schedule your violin lessons or workshop, or to receive more information, call us at 800 303 1947